Today we will discover the top 5 natural treatments or remedies to increase your testosterone levels and treat testosterone deficiency and loss of libido or increase your sex drive.
Testosterone is the primary sex hormone in men produced by the testicles. Testosterone is a youth hormone which plays an important role in male puberty, that’s the time when a young man reaches sexual maturity and he has the ability to reproduce.
In adults, testosterone is really important to regulate many body functions:
- Bone density
- Fat distribution in the body
- Muscle strength and build
- Facial and body hair
- Sperm production
- Sex drive that called libido.
Around the age of thirty, testosterone levels begin to drop and many people will definitely notice considerable changes and reduction in their sex drive and loss of the feeling of well being at the age of forty.
Now lets list out the top 5 natural cures or remedies and things you need to do to raise your testosterone and not only cure loss of libido or the sex drive, but also restore yourself to your youth feeling and appearance. With these remedies you can avoid the adverse effects of synthetic testosterone injections prescribed by your doctor.
- Reduce Alcohol : Many research studies have clearly demonstrated that chronic consumption of alcohol on a regular basis appears to be consistently inhibitory and suppresses reproductive function and produces a low testosterone levels.
- Reduce Weight If you are overweight or obese. You will have a low testosterone levels, because in fatty tissue conversion of testosterone to oestrogen happens. Oestrogen is a female hormone and has opposite effects of testosterone. You may even get man boobs – that s called gynecomastia in medical terms.
- Stress and Sleep: Reduce Stress and Increase Sleep. Stress increases the stress hormone called cortisol and this will kill your testosterone levels. Sleep for atleast 7 to 9 hours a day. Many studies have shown testosterone drops by more than 20 percent if you are not sleeping well and the quality of sleep also matters.
- Start Exercising specially with weights. This has a direct effect on testosterone levels in your body. Even short duration workouts with weights will do the job. If you do not go to gym, you can do some pushups or pullups for about 15 minutes a couple of times in a day. That’s more than sufficient to keep your levels up.
- Supplements – Vitamin D and Zinc and Magnesium. Taking food rich in these or taking supplements will do the job. Also expose your skin to sunlight for atleast 30 to 60 minutes daily. Check out a detailed video on Vitamin D deficiency signs and how to fix this from an end screen link.
Now another Bonus TIP: Stay away from xenoestrogens – the endocrine disruptors. These are found in a variety of everyday items. Reduce the use of plastic bottles, specially warm or hot foods or drinks in plastic containers. These can contain high levels of xenoestrogens. Heres a list of chemicals and sources for xenoestrogens.
Please Take a moment to click on the subscribe button and hit the bell button to receive notifications whenever I add a new useful video. Stay healthy!
- Avoid all pesticides, herbicides, and fungicides.
- Choose organic, locally-grown and in-season foods.
- Peel non-organic fruits and vegetables.
- Buy hormone-free meats and dairy products to avoid hormones and pesticides.
- Reduce the use of plastics whenever possible.
- Do not microwave food in plastic containers.
- Avoid the use of plastic wrap to cover food for storing or microwaving.
- Use glass or ceramics whenever possible to store food.
- Do not leave plastic containers, especially your drinking water, in the sun.
- If a plastic water container has heated up significantly, throw it away.
- Don’t refill plastic water bottles.
- Avoid freezing water in plastic bottles to drink later.
- Use chemical free, biodegradable laundry and household cleaning products.
- Choose chlorine-free products and unbleached paper products (i.e. tampons, menstrual pads, toilet paper, paper towel, coffee filters).
- Use a chlorine filter on shower heads and filter drinking water
Health and Beauty Products
- Avoid creams and cosmetics that have toxic chemicals and estrogenic ingredients such as parabens and stearalkonium chloride.
- Minimize your exposure to nail polish and nail polish removers.
- Use naturally based fragrances, such as essential oils.
- Use chemical free soaps and toothpastes.
- Read the labels on condoms and diaphragm gels.
At the Office
- Be aware of noxious gas such as from copiers and printers, carpets, fiberboards, and at the gas pump.