Effective Date: 01/01/2019
VcareHospital.com is committed to being your most trusted ally in your pursuit of health and well-being. Whether you’re here to learn more about a health condition, research a medication, tap into one of our communities, or get tips for a healthier lifestyle, you’re in the right place. Behind all our content is a compassionate team of professionals who genuinely care about the health of you and your loved ones.
By visiting and interacting with our websites and apps, we’ll ask you to share certain information with us, as detailed below. We may use some of the information you share with us to serve you relevant advertising.
Personal Information: “Personal Information” is information that can be used either directly or indirectly to identify an individual (you). Examples include name, email address, physical address, IP address, mobile ad id, and your interactions with the Website that are connected to other identifying information such as name, email address, physical address, IP address.
WHAT KINDS OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We receive information from or about you depending on the nature of your interaction with the Services. Depending on your use of the Services, information collected may include: name, email address, physical address, birth date, gender, health information and browser or device information. The information collected by different activities is described below:
- Registering/Signing Up in the Services: In visiting or using our Services, we may collect your name, email address, physical address, birth date, gender, health information and browser or device information when you choose to sign up for newsletters or sign up for an account on our Services.
- Transactions with the Services: When you submit an opinion or comment through the Services, contact us, or register for more information regarding a product or services you will be asked to enter information about yourself in order to respond to you or to complete your requested transaction.
- Emails and Using the Websites: We store details of your visits to the Websites (such as pages visited, browser details, your IP address) and your interactions with any emails that we send to you. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site.
- Promotions: From time to time, VcareHospital.com may offer promotions on the Services. Such promotions may ask for your name and contact information in order to register you for the promotion.
- Social Media and Sharing: If you share an article, or post a comment or other content with a friend/contact, we will collect your friend’s/contact’s name. This information may be used for retargeting ads or combined with other data to present aggregated campaign insights. Occasionally comments themselves may be anonymized and used in marketing materials.
- Device Information: We collect information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices where you install or access our Services, depending on the permissions you’ve granted. We may associate the information we collect from your different devices, which helps us provide consistent Services across your devices. This information may include: attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers; device locations, including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals; connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number, mobile ad id, and IP address.
- Other Sources: We receive information about you and your activities on and off the Services from third-Party partners, such as information from a partner when we jointly offer services or from an advertiser about your experiences or interactions with them. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you in order to improve the products and services we provide.
- App Use: We may also additionally collect your birth date, gender, zip/city marital status, health information (diagnosis, when you were diagnosed, what medications you’re taking) when you download, sign up for and use our Apps. When you download and use our Apps, you will be presented with additional privacy terms applicable to that specific App and we automatically collect information on the type of device you use and operating system version. We use the above information to send you newsletters, respond to customer service requests, administer your account, respond to your questions and concerns, etc.
For more information on how to review or update your data preferences, please review the “YOUR RIGHTS: PERSONAL INFORMATION ACCESS, RETENTION, CORRECTION, DELETION, AND CHOICE” section below.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
We use session Cookies that expire at the end of a browser session (from when a user opens the browser window to when they exit the browser) and persistent Cookies which remain on your hard drive until you erase them or they expire. How long a persistent Cookie remains on your browser depends on how long the visited website has programmed the Cookie to last or they can be stored for longer.
To the extent permitted by applicable law and with your consent, we may permit third parties to collect user Personal Information over time or across third-party websites, and we may permit third parties to gather Personal Information passively on our Websites for behavioral advertising purposes, examples include:
Re-targeting: in order to provide you with a more customized web experience and to present you with information that may be of interest to you, our advertising partners may seek to use their observed behavior on the Websites to deliver targeted ads when you are on other websites.
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Apps on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the Apps.
We send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. The Apps may also ask for your permission to access your camera and your photos. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, or if you’ve initially agreed for the application to access your camera and photos and you would like to stop the app from accessing them, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
We collect location information only in our Apps (zip code and state of residence) and we collect it for the purpose of matching our users based on their location. If you do not wish to allow us to share zip code and state of residence information in this manner within our Apps, please opt-out by completing our rights request form instructing us to no longer share this information within our Apps.
DISCLAIMER: The materials and the information contained on VCareHospital.com Website and Vcare Health Tips channel and associated channels and websites are provided for general and educational purposes only and do not constitute any legal, medical or other professional advice on any subject matter. None of the information on our videos is a substitute for a diagnosis and treatment by your health professional. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new diet or treatment and with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.