In todays short episode we will look into picking up early signs and symptoms of heart failure and this knowledge can be a life saver for your or your loved ones.
Well, Heart failure can be of two types:
- Chronic thats gradually progressing, or,
- Acute or Sudden Onset.
Picking up early signs and symptoms of heart failure is really important for starting treatment early and preventing complications and early death. These include:
- Shortness of breath medically called Dyspnoea specially on excersion or when you lie down – that’s called orthopnea.
- Easy Getting Tired or feeling weak.
- Swelling in your legs, ankles and feet.
- Rapid or irregular heartbeat – you feel the palpitations.
- Reduced ability to exercise.
- Persistent cough or wheezing with white or pink blood-tinged sputum.
- Increased need to urinate at night.
- Swelling of your abdomen.
- Sudden weight gain from fluid retention.
- Lack of appetite and nausea.
- Difficulty concentrating or decreased alertness.
- Sudden, severe shortness of breath and coughing up pink, foamy mucus.
- Chest pain if your heart failure is caused by a heart attack.
Ignoring these signs and symptoms may prove fatal. If you feel any of the above, please consult your doctor immediately.