Hello Friends and Patients! Today we will look into a proven Do It Yourself (DIY) hair loss treatment combination that really works to regrow hair in both men and women. We will learn everything about the inexpensive Derma Rollers plus a miracle secret combo treatment that really works wonders to cure baldness. We will also learn How to correctly use derma rollers, What else you can get rid of using these simple microneedling devices, what precautions to take and other useful tips.
- What is a Derma Roller?Also called Derma rolling, Microneedling and also collagen induction treatment. It’s a simple DIY procedure in which thousands of tiny little needles are inserted into the surface of skin using a rolling or a stamping device. Do not get scared! Though it looks invasive and scary, the needles are just about 0.25 mm or 0.5 mm deep for the task. It can be safely used at home without any dermatologist consultation.
- What does this Derma Roller actually do – that is the Mechanism of Action ?
Rolling tiny needles on your skin induces minute microscopic wounds underneath the skin layers which induces collagen and elastin production. We will not go into the detailed molecular level on how this happens. But Just remember two things that happen after Microneedling,
a] Neocollagenesis – meaning production of new collagen tissue under the skin and
b) Neovascularisation meaning formation of new blood vessels or capillaries which happen due to release of growth factors following needle piercing of the stratum corneum layer of the skin.
- What are the Medical Uses of Derma Rollers?
Apart from Hair regrowth and baldness treatment, its primarily used to treat:
- Acne scar removal and also for
- Facial Rejuvenation and anti aging treatment
- Transdermal drug delivery – like PRP and mesotherapy can be combined with derma rolling.
- What size derma roller should I select?
Derma rollers size is based on its micro needle size ranging from 0.2mm to 3mm depending on what you want to treat. Like for removing deeper scars you may need deeper penetration. Never use deeper needles like 1mm or above without dermatologist consultation. And remember dermarollers greater than 0.3 mm in length are not approved by the FDA – Food and Drug Administration Department.
- What size is recommended for Hair loss Treatment?
For Hair growth to use it on a receding hair line or even to grow a patchy beard, you can use 0.25 mm weekly twice or 0.5mm derma roller weekly once. They come in stainless steel or titanium needles and Titanium needles are more durable.
- How to use Derma Roller for Baldness Treatment ?
Well, First of all you must remember to take some precautions on every use to avoid the chances of infection.
- Either use a fresh box packed derma roller every time or disinfect it by soaking in 70 percent isopropyl alcohol or rubbing alcohol, Soak it for approximately 10 to 15 minutes before every use. You can also use 6% hydrogen peroxide easily available at your local medical store. Its very inexpensive device and costs between 5 to 10 USD. You can purchase it even online, I have provided the links in description below.
Well, the next precaution is:
- Never use somebody else’s derma roller on yourself. This can transfer infections including HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C, though its very rare if safety precautions followed properly.
- Also beware, some cheap quality derma roller needles can break into your skin, not too much to worry if its less than 0.5mm.
- Wash your face with a mild soap before starting the procedure.
- Local anaesthetic gel or cream or what you call as numbing cream is not required for 0.5mm or less micro needling because it will not cause any pain.
- HOW TO USE? Nothing complicated. Just place the device on your receding hair line or bald patch and roll it 6 – 10 times in each direction in different directions, just to make sure you are covering the entire skin for best results. Keep it like – one square inch every time, roll it in vertical direction 6 to 10 times – like 1 2 3 4 5 6 and then change to horizontal direction and roll again 6 to 10 times 1 2 3 4 5 6 and then optionally repeat in diagonally opposite directions. That’s it. The same derma rollers can be used for acne scar removal or depigmentation on face. You can additionally apply fresh aloe vera gel or vitamin C serum for much better results.
- Now Before the Secret Miracle combo treatment for Hair loss, I shall list out some side effects of this derma rolling:
- The area may develop redness for a couple of hours or more. That’s completely normal, nothing to panic.
- Skin may appear a bit swollen and hot for few hours.
- If irritation persists, please consults a doctor. Also do not use if you have bleeding tendencies.
- Now Finally, the Magical Treatment for Hairloss. Derma Roller combination with Minoxidil has shown great results according to a study. So Whats the protocol? You use a 0.25 or 0.3mm derma roller weekly once initially then weekly twice along with minoxidil solution. You can apply minoxidil before derma rolling or after derma rolling, It does not really matter. You should see the results in 3 to 6 months. This has also been successfully used in androgenetic alopecia, alopecia aerata and hair loss in women. You can also combine Mesotherapy with anti hair loss solution and PRP – that’s platelet rich plasma therapy with derma rollers. You can watch my detailed video on How PRP and mesotherapy is done from HERE.
Disclamier: Despite the fact that plasma needling is already being performed in many clinics and practices, the efficacy of this technique has yet to be confirmed in large-scale controlled clinical trials. Use at your own risk! All this information is based on university research articles, the links are provided in the description of this video.
REFERENCES: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3746236/ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2918341/ https://www.prime-journal.com/microneedling-and-its-applications-in-dermatology/ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_needling https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collagen_induction_therapy